- 9 Ghost Peppers
- 9 Habaneros
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
We here at the Temple of Evil love hot food. We’ve imported ghost pepper powder, and most recently fresh ghost peppers. We’re sado-masochists of the highest order and as your good trustworthy friend we’re always ready to help you burn the living hell out of yourself as well. You’ve probably read on here we often make Ghost Burgers when we really feel like killing our insides. How we’d normally do that is we’d set a few patties aside and add ghost peppers to them later so we don’t burn the wimps amongst us. I was thinking as we were having the last BBQ and there happened to be someone there who was deathly allergic to hot peppers that it’s a lot of work to keep ingredients separated. So I decided to come up with a killer relish (named hellish… get it? Hell Relish Har HAr HAr!) that you could simply add to the end if you want the spice and not if you don’t!
It’s pretty easy to make, but not so easy to eat without suffering!
1) Finely chop the onion, habaneros, and the delicious ghost peppers (naga jolokia) in a food processor or by hand if you’re really into some pain. Avoid open wounds on your hands.
2) Put in a pot and add your salt and just enough BOILING water to cover the veggies. This means boil the water in the kettle and pour it over them. Let them rest for 10 minutes.
3) Drain out ALL the water liquid and get rid of it. That’s basically just salt water.
4) Add your sugar and your vinegar and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
5) Reduce the heat and simmer 13 lucky minutes.
6) Quickly ladle into mason jars and seal. This will suck the lids down meaning you’ve gotten a good seal.
7) IF you really want to keep this stuff good for months and months boil your jars with the lids sealed tight and filled for about 20 minutes. Look up preserving techniques, I can’t give you any advice on that or even recommend it seeing as I didn’t do that myself.
8) Eat and TRY to survive!