- 3 Packages White Chocolate
- 1 Package of Small Balloons
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup of Strawberry Milk
- 1/3 Cup of Milk
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup of Whipping Cream
After talking with Kurosune and interviewing her about what she likes and dislikes I was able to come up with a Dessert for her that I think covers all the bases. It’s absolutely delicious, beautiful, expensive, and terribly bad for you. But all the best desserts are aren’t they? 😉
This is what her requirements were…
My current favorite dish is…
Anything with cheesecake!!!!! (Just not chocolate. I am not a fan of chocolate cheesecake, but I AM a huge fan of white chocolate, ie, White Hot Chocolate). Oh, and I especially love the texture and taste of Filipino Flan. I hate Mexican flan though.
Ingredients I like…
White chocolate, sugar, sweet cream, cake batter, sugar, cinnamon vanilla, strawberries, pears….if it’s sweet, I’ll definitely eat it!
Ingredients I dislike…
Anything spicy or hot. I hate hot and spicy things, and I LOATHE Dark Chocolate, grapes, and anything sour as well. I also have a severe dislike of pineapples.
So after much pondering the final result was…
KUROSUNE’S KITSUNE WINTER
1) Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces, and melt it down in a double boiler, or if you don’t have one fill a large pot with water and bring it to a simmer and place the chocolate in a smaller pot above it to melt.
2) Once melted dip small balloons coating the bottom half of them in white chocolate, place on a greased baking sheet in the fridge.
3) Once the chocolate hardens around the balloons, dip them a second time in the chocolate to strengthen the bowls and place back in the fridge.
4) Once completely hardened SLOWLY let the air out of the balloons and remove them to leave only the chocolate bowls. Put them back in the fridge. I’ll warn you this part takes quite some practice so don’t get discouraged!
5) Mix ingredients 3,4, and 5 together well and press them into the bottom of your chocolate bowls.
6) In a bowl beat the cream cheese until very smooth.
7) Add the 1/4 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract and beat together well.
8) Beat the 3/4 cup of whipping cream into a froth along with your strawberry milk, and fold the previous mixture into it.
9) Spoon this mixture on top of the graham crumb base in your chocolate bowls.
10) With your remaining melted chocolate mix in 1/3 cup of milk until very smooth.
11) In another bowl whisk the egg whites and lemon juice into a foamy froth.
12) Fold the melted chocolate mix into the egg white mix.
13) In a third bowl whisk the cup of whipping cream into stiff peaks and finally slowly very slowly fold the previous mixtures into that forming a devilish white chocolate mousse.
14) Place the mousse in a ziplock bag, and cut the tiniest corner of the bag. Squeeze the mousse through the hole on top of the cheesecake in a nice pattern.
15) Finally place white chocolate shavings and shards in dessert. The sharper the better.
16) Chill for a half hour and then TRY YOUR HARDEST not to eat too much of this delicious sinful dessert!
Thank you so much for your work with me Kurosune you are great!
This project could never work without the super talented Temple of Evil team…
Nessa Goodwin-Clairmont is our amazing sous-chef and idea girl.
Jeff Clairmont is an expert food photographer and plate styler.