- 1 LB Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Bisquick
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 1 Tsp Fresh Pepper
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
If you’re anything like me you almost never have time for breakfast. Rather that once I finally wake up, I’m really just a member of the walking dead and cant form a complete sentence until I’ve had my shower. On top of that I try to give myself every second of sleep possible so by the time I finally have enough mental ability to make a breakfast I have to get in the car and go. Unfortunately it’s true what they say as much as I hate it; Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day even if it’s not the most enjoyable.
Having a good breakfast each morning…
1) Increases your overall metabolism.
After sleeping all night and not eating (unless your a weird sleep eater) your body needs a refill of glucose. This is what your body uses to produce energy so if you don’t have it your body slows down and burns fat slowly making you fatter and sluggish. BAD!
2) Prevents entering STARVATION MODE!
When your body doesn’t get food for a long time the stupid dummy thinks that theres no more food to be had. The body thinks that while you were sleeping the apocalypse PROBABLY happened and all the food is gone. So again it’ll stop eating your fat and just start shutting down non-essential things… you know like your brain and stuff.
3) Replenishes your essential nutrients.
This helps your brain to increase its problem solving and logical thinking skills. It also enhances reaction time so you’d definitely want that especially if you’re a super villain on the run from the law.
With all that in mind I decided to make an easy portable breakfast that you can grab in the morning and go with. This is something that you can make a lot of with no real effort, that keeps for quite awhile, and that you can hold in one hand while driving (not that I necessarily recommend that). So without further ado I give you…
1) Take your Hot Italian Sausage (bacon or other leftovers work well too) and fry it up, cutting it with your spoon frequently to make little chunks. When it is almost cooked toss in your chopped onion (or not if you hate onion).
2) Once onion is translucent take out the sausage and onion mix and drain well. Pat it dry with paper towel too, thats always a good idea.
3) Mix well ingredients 3, 4, 5, 6 (Eggs, Bisquick, Milk, Pepper) well. It should be a very runny liquid at this point.
4) Grease muffin tins so these things dont stick to the sides of them. I have a 12 hole muffin tin so I need two but if you have a full 24 one go for it.
5) Half fill each muffin tin hole with the liquidy mixture from step 3.
5) Quarter fill each muffin tin hole with shredded cheddar on each of the bisquick mixes.
6) Fill the rest of the whole with your sausage/onion mixture (maybe overfill it a bit.
7) Pour one tablespoon (or two) of the remaining bisquick mix on top of your mixture.
8) Preheat the oven to 300 and bake until you can stick a knife into one and withdraw it dry (no mixture stuck to it). This takes my oven about 15-20 minutes but watch it closely.
9) Let them cool in the pan when they’re done then pop each one out with a knife and store in the refrigerator. Grab a couple each day and go!