- 2/3 Cups of Basil
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Cups of Parmesan
- 1/3 Cup of Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup of White Wine
- 2 Tablespoons of Basil
- 2 Teaspoons of Oregano
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Spanish Onion
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 15 Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 15 Tortilla Chips
- Sesame Oil
- Aged Gruyere Cheese
Milloux gave me a good concise list of what she likes and dislikes so it gave me a chance to do some work with pasta which I really enjoy. I’ve personally only had a pesto once before so it was a bit of a challenge that took a lot of testing this and that to get right. The flavor is a little different than traditional pesto’s but the rest of the Temple of Evil team who are more familiar with it said that it was slightly different than pesto’s they had but they loved it even more. That’s a good comment since this is a recipe unique just for Milloux! What gives it an even more unique quality is that while most pasta is eaten with lots of bread this one includes oven toasted (preferably) homemade tortilla chips brushed with sesame oil to give you a good scooping crunch when your done!
Here’s what she wanted…
My current favorite dish is…
Not much of chef so I tend to eat something similar to elementary school chicken sandwiches.
Ingredients I like…
all cheese, sauce, pesto, ketchup bread, tortilla, tomatos, AVOCADO, poulty/fish, spinach, nuts
Ingredients I dislike…
red meat, mustard, teriyaki flavor
So here we have it…
MILLOUX’S SINFUL CRISP CHICKEN PESTO
1) Cut your chicken into bite size strips.
2) Mix ingredients 7 to 10 in a casserole dish that has a lid on it. VERY thoroughly mix your chicken with the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least a half hour.
3) Chop 3 cloves of garlic very finely, then place in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients number 1 to 5.
4) Pulse the previous ingredients in the food processor while slowly adding the 1/4 cup of olive oil a bit at a time. Occasionally stop the processor and push the ingredients down with a spoon before continuing pulses.
5) In a large pot boil your penne pasta in salted water until it’s the consistancy you like. It’s about 9 minutes to aldente but since i like mine a little softer I do it for about 13 minutes. Fuck rules! Drain but don’t rinse!!!!
6) In another large pot saute chopped onions and 1 Tablespoon of sugar until onions are almost transparent make sure they don’t burn or crisp!
7) Add 1/3 cup of raw sesame seeds and sun dried tomatoes sliced into strips and cook for about another four minutes.
8) Add Chicken and Marinade and cook until chicken is cooked through.
9) Pour in a half cup of white wine. Stir continuously. Now is the time to drink the rest of the bottle of wine. Let’s get smashed cause we don’t need the rest of the bottle for cooking anymore!!!!
10) Add Pasta, and Food Processor mixture and stir till completely mixed. Add 1 Cup of milk and stir continuously and turning repeatedly for about 3 more minutes.
11) Brush homemade tortilla chips with sesame oil and bake at highest setting until the top of the chips just begin to darken.
12) Finely grate aged Gruyere Cheese over the top and enjoy if you’re still conscious from the wine!
Thank you Milloux for all the time you helped put in. You’re amazing!
This project could never work without the super talented Temple of Evil team…
Nessa Goodwin-Clairmont is our amazing sous-chef and idea girl.
Jeff Clairmont is an expert food photographer and plate styler.