- 1 1/8 Cups of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Brown Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Fine Grated Apple
- 6 Drops of Red Coloring
- 10 Werther's Caramels
- 2 Tablespoons Fatty Cream
- 8 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup of Icing Sugar
- 1 Cup of Icing Sugar (again)
Renesme has a love of all things supernatural, and has a pretty well thought out Zombie Apocalypse survival plan so I’ve named these delicious cupcakes Renesme’s Caramel Apple Apocalypse in honor of that. They don’t have much to do with the apocalypse but more with her description of herself….
“I’m a major geek. I love skyrim and anything to do with Disney. I’m a kid at heart. The beach is my favorite place to be in the entire world. I love to cook really fattening food. I love anything to do with vampires, zombies, aliens, or ghosts. I like documentaries. I’m a college student. I’m the oldest of five children. I love to travel. Texas A&M is my football team. I’m addicted to clothes. I love intensely. I love life.”
We had originally decided to make the frosting a deep red, the color of intense love and passion, and also of the vampire’s love and passion for blood but when we saw how delicious the caramel colored frosting looked we decided to make the cupcake bottoms a deep passionate red instead with some simple food coloring.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
In any case here were her requirements…
My current favorite dish is…
Dr.pepper chocolate cake, new york style cheescake, red velvet cupcakes.
Ingrediants I like…
chocolate, cream cheese, sugar sugar sugar, oreos, bananas, butter,apples, nilla waffers, carmel, pudding, pretzels, chocolate chips.
Ingredients I dislike…
coconut, pineapple, nuts (Nick’s Note: Good! Pineapples are evil and poisonous!)
Suggestions I have…
What song should I listen to when I cook for you…
Eyes on Fire (zeds dead remix) by Blue foundation
RENESME’S CARAMEL APPLE APOCALYPSE
1) Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees.
2) In a pot on the pan add the Werther’s Caramels and the Fatty Cream (Whipping Cream is best) and slowly heat till it’s all melted together.
3) Mix the butter, salt, and the first cup of Icing Sugar. Pour into the mixture in step 2. Mix it like there’s no tommorow!
4) Add the second cup of the Icing Sugar to the mixture from step 3, and beat the living shit out of that!
5) Set that aside and start grating your 2 Cups of Apples. I really like red delicious but you can use any red apple that you like.
6) In one bowl mix well the Flour, Soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and a tiny bit of Salt.
7) In another bowl mix together your Melted Butter, Egg, Vanilla, and Sugar.
7) Mix the two bowls together, and by this point you’ll be worried… Shit this isn’t liquid-y enough to make cupcakes!!! Well you’re right, add in your shredded apple and mix well this is where all your liquid comes from so you get that nice apple juice in there!
8) Pour into your cupcake cups to about 75% full each, and toss them in the oven. Check it at about 7 minutes.
9) Wait till they’ve COMPLETELY cooled and then frost. You may want to chop up some of the Werther’s Caramels to decorate the top as well like we did.
10) Eat these delicious little treats, or feed them to the zombie’s in the Apocalypse. These are the ONLY things even zombies will prefer to brains! Mmmmmm…