- RED VELVET=============
- 1/2 Cup of Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Buttermilk
- Lots of Red Food Color
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbspn Vinegar
- 2 Cups Wheat Free Flour
- 1/3 Cup Unsweet Cocoa
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup of Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbspn of Butter
- 2 1/2 Cups of Icing Sugar
- EXOTIC FRUITS!
Tita is a professional traveler, cupcake galavanter, fitness fan, SuicideGirl, and pantless wonder by her own description! By my description I would say that she is a force to be reckoned with. I did my own research on each of the girls and my conclusion is this: Tita is motivated, wise, beautiful, and pretty damn popular! She’s incredibly fit so I think it’s probably safe to say she’s the kind of girl who could kick your ass in a physical fight, and then beat you in a verbal debate afterwards with her intellect, all the while looking GREAT doing it!
Tita runs the amazing and appropriately titled blog Cupcake Du Jour and is very active on twitter as @CupcakeDuJour so you can tell she likes cupcakes just a little bit eh? Well for her we decided to give her what she likes and try to make some cupcakes that just about anybody would go wild for! What we came up with is a sort of “fruit basket o’ cupcakes” , using some familiar fruits, and some crazy exotic ones that we found. We’ve all been missing summer around here so we thought fresh fruit frosted cupcakes would make us dream of an exotic paradise. Hopefully Tita agrees and enjoys these delicious exotic paradise cupcakes!
What song should I listen to when I cook for you…
Any kind of holiday music!
TITA’S EXOTIC PARADISE CUPCAKES
1) Take your butter and cream cheese and leave them out at room temperature for at least a couple of hours. This is DEADLY SERIOUS. You will have a cupcapocalypse on your hands if you dont!
2) Mix the first two ingredients together well in a mixing bowl.
3) In a separate mixing bowl mix your eggs, buttermilk, red food coloring, and vanilla together. Mix all of this afterwards with the other bowl.
4) While stirring constantly drop in your vinegar and baking soda. This is the school project volcano effect!
5) Mix the rest of the ingredients in now, make sure its all uniform! That would be your wheat-free flour ( this was one of Tita’s requirements but they come out just as good with regular flour just use the same amount!)
6) Once this is all mixed well fill as many cupcake cups as you can 3/4 full and bake in an oven preheated to 375 until you can insert a toothpick in them that comes out clean (no wet batter!) Set these aside to cool completely before frosting.
THE FROSTING (AKA THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT!)
1) Find as many kinds of fresh exotic fruit as possible and food coloring’s to match their natural color! For Tita we used: Strawberries, Kiwis, Pomelos, RAMBUTAN (the monster space fruit!), and mangoes! Squeeze the juice and a bit of pulp from each into separate containers.
2) Mix all the non-fruit ingredients of the frosting together until it is all uniform!
3) If you found five exotic fruits to use, seperate your frosting into 5 bowls. If you found 4, then four bowls, etc etc.
4) In each seperated bowl add about a teaspoon of your fruit juice and pulp and mix well with the frosting. Don’t cheat and use anything but fresh fruit im watching you! If you find a frosting gets too wet and runny just add more icing sugar.
5) In each bowl add enough food coloring to make the frosting roughly the color of the fruit you used. This is for style but also helps you identify them to people later on because you will get lots of questions!
6) Frost the cupcakes and feed them to your friends. They will never be able to get enough so prepare to make this MANY TIMES!