- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbspn Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Bacon Grease
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1.5 Lbs Cooked Bacon
- 1/2 Lb Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
A couple of weeks ago we got a chance to cater for the bands playing the two day metal festival put on by Yarmouth Metal called “The Winter Meltdown 3”. The main and pretty much only request was “Bacon”. Nick D one of the founders of Yarmouth Metal LOVES bacon so we decided to come up with a heart stopping artery clogging bacon dish that could only be called a “Bacon Abomination”. This dish was incredibly popular so we’ve decided to share it on here. Despite its popularity and how ridiculously easy and delicious these squares are… beware! They will rip through your arteries like Godzilla through Tokyo!
If you are in Nova Scotia, or even if you’re not remember it is important to support your local metal scene. Yarmouth Metal has put this town on the map for metal shows and given an area with a large population of metal fans something they’ve never had; Local shows with great metal bands, and support for local metal bands that normally would have to travel to Halifax or further just to get to a show. They do great work and put on great concerts so please visit their website at http://yarmouthmetal.info/ follow them on twitter , and definitely catch their next shows. Also make sure to buy cd’s from any local band you can, they’re putting out great work for nearly no return, and besides it might be a collectors item one day!
Special thank you goes to Black City Avenger, Hitman, Rockville Warriors, Bombing of Dresden, Black Moor, Slashy, Labrinthian, Pure Rock Fury and anyone else involved in the Winter Meltdown 3 it was a great couple of nights! If I got the wrong band name, missed you, misspelled you, or mis-linked you let me know!
YARMOUTH METAL’S BACON ABOMINATION
1) Fry up a pound and a half of bacon until it’s pretty crisp. Yes this is a lot of bacon that’s what makes it an abomination!
2) Save 1/4 or more of the bacon grease as you fry it for the biscuit part later.
3) Chop up the fried bacon into tiny pieces. It should be pretty easy if your bacon is crisp enough itll almost shatter under the knife.
4) Slice your swiss cheese in thin slices, about 3 millimeters thick.
5) In a mixing bowl mix well the first 5 ingredients in the list (flour,baking powder,salt,bacon grease,milk) until it’s homogeneous (uniform) but DONT knead it like a bread.
6) Press it down with your knuckles into a greased square pan so it covers most of the bottom.
7) Lay down your swiss slices to cover the top of the biscuit part you just laid down. This is your cheese shield. Very important.
8) Lay down your bacon on top of all of this in a fine layer.
9) Mix your four eggs, 1/4 cup of milk, and your onion powder together well and create a layer of it on top of the bacon and cheese.
10) Bake at 400 until the top egg is all solid , and you can stab this monstrosity and pull the knife out clean (meaning no liquids are stuck to it).
11) Cut into squares and feed it to metal band members who are impossible to kill, or to your enemies who you want to kill!